Kateri Tekakwitha was a Mohawk Indian and daughter of the chief of her tribe. Unfortunately, Kateri lost her parents and siblings during a small pox outbreak, as well as her own sight. She was taken in and raised by her uncle until she converted to Catholicism at the age of 19 after being influenced by Jesuit missionaries who lived in her village.
While her village outcasted her, she grew closer to God.she eventually moved to a Christian village and was able to dive more into her faith. She took a vow of virginity at age 23, and lived as ordinary a life as she could. The dignity of the human being and value of the environment around her were her biggest passions.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha is the first Native American to be canonized and is the Patron Saint of ecologists and environmentalists!
Let Kateri remind you everyday to love everyone you come across, and to love and respect all of God’s creations.
Hand made 3-4 days production time; 3-5 days shipping time
- Individually wrapped and packaged
- Comfortable and fully adjustable for daily wear, from 5 inches round to 10 inches round - it will fit anyone's wrist!
- Material: Waxed 100% Polyester Linhasita cord - will not stretch, break or fade easily and will not fray over time
- Material Thickness: approximately 1mm, but feels thinner when pulled tight!
- One (1) Saint Kateri Tekakwitha charm
- One (1) Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Prayer Card
Ships from our studio in compostable or recyclable materials. Please recycle, compost, or reuse the shipping material. All stickers, magnets, Wanderer Catholic bracelets, and prayer cards ship separately from apparel and mugs.